Teacher Center: Middle School
If you are an educator, we have developed personal finance curriculums specifically for middle school, the Money$tars™ program, and high school, the “Personal Finance Program.”
Download sample chapters below from the Money$tars™ program for middle school.
If you are interested in obtaining a copy of the full personal finance curriculum for either high school or middle school students, please contact June Jaffee, Executive Director of The Muriel F. Siebert Foundation, Inc., at (646) 825-2115 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lesson 1Money Skills: Worth Their Weight in Gold
- Students will be able to define what money is.
- Students will be able to identify choices they make because of scarcity of time.
- Students will be able to provide examples of an opportunity cost.
- Students will be able to identify short- and longterm goals.
- Students will be able to make a plan to reach a financial goal.
Lesson 2The Choices of Our Lives
- Students will be able to identify and explain the steps of decision making.
- Students will be able to apply a decision-making model to an authentic situation.
- Students will be able to apply the concept of opportunity cost situations.